Sunday, June 19, 2011

I want to make a baby!

Here are some of my favorite moments here so far.
- Teaching the kids how to two-step to country music this weekend. They especially liked the twirling.
- Watching the kids' excitement at learning how to make s'mores.
- Rainy afternoons cuddled up on the couch with the kids watching movies.
- When all the the kids are laying in bed at night calling for me to come give them good night kisses. And then they give me a kiss back and tell me "I love you, Mama Kelsey".
- Watching the kids eat slippery spaghetti noodles when Michelle & I cook spaghetti for dinner. It makes me laugh every time.
- Sewing with the girls as they patiently watch me and wait to help.
- Picking out their church clothes on Saturday night andthen dressing them up all cute in the morning! The boys' sweater vests have to be my favorite.
- When Michelle & I took our first day off. We took a boda boda (motorcycle taxi) into town and spent the morning shopping at an African market. Then we had lunch at the Garden City mall, came back home, and watched a movie for the afternoon. I had so much fun enjoying the company of my wonderful roommate =)
- There are lots more, but I'll stop there for now.


I love these kids so much it's ridiculous!


Best kids' quotes:

6. "Aunt Kelsey, Enkuba is coming! Enkuba is coming!" -Esther. Enkuba means rain. Esther will run up to me all excited yelling this as it's pouring rain outside. I always laugh and tell her, "Umm I think the rain is already here."

5. "I want to eat brownie & popcorn, and then watch movie and sit on my pillow. I want to do that again, Aunt Kelsey." -Oscar. We had a movie night, and Oscar really enjoyed it. He thought sitting on his pillow when we made a pallet was so cool!

4. Jerom's accent is absolutely precious. My favorites are the way he says freckle - "furkle" - and he pronounces my name "Aunt Kelotsey".

3. "Aunt Kelsey, I love you." -Oscar. The reason I love this so much is because he was taking his dishes to the kitchen and stopped just to tell me that. And the beautiful smile on his face made it that much better!

2. "You mama. Mama Kelsey." -Annet. I'm a mama now =)

1. "I want to make a baby, Aunt Kelsey!" -Oscar. We were playing with their new play dough, and I had made a baby out of play dough for Annet.

No comments:

Post a Comment