Friday, June 4, 2010

A feeling I can't describe

One thought has been running through my head all day...I leave in a week. A week from today. I've known this for many months now, but for some reason as that thought turned over & over in my mind today an overwhelming feeling began to rise up inside me. I'm not sure how to describe that feeling. I'm not even sure if it's a good or bad feeling. But it has dwelt inside me making my mind race, my stomach turn, my adrenaline rush, my heart pound, and my body run around frantically. Excitement? Anxiety? Nervousness? Exhaustion? I'm not sure exactly. I am almost completely done packing. Yes, I still have more days, but those 6 days are completely filled with out responsibilities leaving absolutely no other time to pack. I have a single duffel bag and backpack to hold all I will need for the next 7 weeks. Makes me wonder why I need much more when I am living in Texas.

Things that have popped in my mind: will I have any milk to drink while I'm there? That's important! I can single-handedly go through a gallon of milk in 3 to 4 days. I wish I could swim in Lake Titicaca. Maybe that is ridiculous to think, but I would totally do it if the temperature didn't drop before freezing daily. Do I need to bring laxatives if the staples of my diet are going to be potatoes, rice, and pasta for almost 2 months? I don't think my digestive system is used to that. It will be so cool if I discover a new village that noone knew about! - apparently that happened while the last team was there. I wonder what guinea pig tastes like. I still can't picture what it will feel like to be living at 13,000-ft every day. But I'm still determined to try jogging up there in the mountains - I don't think I can go 7 weeks without any running!

Just a glimpse into the craziness of my mind as of late.
Until next time, adios!....the sad part - I almost wrote orevoua, but I caught myself. And then it took me a couple of minutes to remember how to say "goodbye" in spanish. I better bust out those vocabulary & verb sheets from high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment