Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The ways God works

Today as I was driving down the highway, I heard a song that stuck with me. When I got home I looked it up online, and as I read the lyrics I began crying. I can’t really explain in words why I was crying other than to say these words reached to the core of how I have felt in recent weeks.

It's time for healing, time to move on.
It's time to fix what’s been broken too long.
Time to make right what has been wrong.
It's time to find my way to where I belong.
There's a wave that's crashing over me,
And all I can do is surrender.

Whatever you're doing inside of me,
It feels like chaos but somehow there’s peace.
And it's hard to surrender to what I can't see,
But I'm giving into something heavenly.

Time for a milestone, time to begin again, re-evaluate who I really am.
Am I doing everything to follow your will?
I'm just climbing aimlessly over these hills.
So show me what it is you want from me.
I'd give everything, I surrender to...

Whatever you're doing inside of me.
It feels like chaos but somehow there’s peace.
And though it's hard to surrender to what I can't see,
I'm giving into something heavenly.
Something heavenly...

Time to face up, clean this old house.
Time to breathe in, and let everything out,
that I've wanted to say, for so many years.
Time to release all my held back tears.

Whatever you're doing inside of me,
it feels like chaos but now I can see...
This is something bigger than me,
larger than life, something heavenly.
Something heavenly…

As I think about how I have seen God work and how I feel Him working in my own heart, I can’t help but stand in awe. Some things can be so painful but break us to the point of complete dependence on the One greater than ourselves. Sometimes all that we think we can depend on is pulled out from beneath us leaving only Christ to hold us up. Sometimes we fall victim to our own faults – whatever they may be – and find ourselves consumed with frustration, regret, guilt and broken by sin. But the beauty of all those things is that Christ remains. He is faithful to be your Rock, your Redeemer, your Provider, your Savior. And sometimes in the times when you might least expect it, God steps in in the midst of the chaos that is your life and brings a peace that surpasses all earthly difficulties. Take heart! For He has overcome the world and will be there with you as you face the challenges of this world. He is using what may seem now to be horrible disasters and heart-wrenching situations to bring glory to His name. It may be hard now and there may be pain, but He is taking the broken pieces of your life and creating the masterpiece you were made to be – a beautiful creation that reflects His faithfulness and proclaims His unfailing love.

God is greater than anything you or I will face. That is a truth I hope to NEVER forget. As I continue on this journey of being changed, I find peace in that truth. As I prepare to leave for Peru in less than 9 days, I find myself continually reminging myself that God is greater. And God in His faithfulness has continued to reveal Himself to me in seemingly subtle ways that comfort my wrestless mind and ease my anxious spirit. God is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment